OUR HUG ENERGY STRATEGY
- Stage 1 To build a small version of the HUG
- Stage 2 HUG Hydro electricity & irrigation in remote areas
- Stage 3 To capture HUG energy from Run-of-River, Rapids & Waterfalls
- Stage 4 Introduce HUG Water Transfer System to crisis areas
- Stage 5 To introduce commercially viable HUG Tidal Energy
SMALL HYDRO: Fighting Big Dams
It’s in the Environmentalists’ DNA.
The rate of dam building has increased dramatically in the past decade, largely driven by the construction of hydro power dams to meet growing demands for energy.
We engage in hydro power the way we do because we believe those strategies have the best chance of keeping the most rivers, wetlands, floodplain forests and estuaries healthy.
These ecosystems are among the most important for people, with values that range from the simple (we love rivers to swim and play) to the critical to the livelihoods and the life (tens of millions of people in Africa and Asia depend on rivers for their daily calories).
What is the Problem with Big Dams?
- Costs are extremely high
- Good land areas for construction have already been taken
- Takes up a lot of space
- Good land areas for construction have already been taken
- Consumes a lot of time for planning and construction
- The life expectancy of dams are only around 50 years
- Even at this age these dams are considered to be at a high risk for failing
The Innovative HUG Hydro Electric Turbine is Profitable
- Allows one to license the technology for an initial high fee in a monopolistic position
- Allows one to keep profits high. (using Ontario FIT Guaranteed sale price of $131/MWh or Quebec prices of $79/MWh less the HUG cost of $5.46/MWh).
- Allows one to use a Private Public Partnership for a high initial return and a reasonable annual return for managing the project.
- Earns extra revenue from the sale of carbon credits.
The most important consideration is the HUG cost: the cost of construction for a 317.5 MW project is $11.9 million, which is 21% of the typical average cost. The HUG cost is still reasonable considering that this is a prototype and there are no economies of mass production.
Compare this low price to most other hydro electric generation systems. There are still many ideal sites, which are close to the existing electric power converter/generators, thereby reducing these costs by a further 40%.
6 Turbines in a Waterfall
- Initial Power of First HUG Turbine in a Waterfall
Kinetic Energy (KE) = ½ x A x V ³ x Efficiency (A = area swept; Velocity)
= ½ x 3.26 m²x (8.3 m/s*)³ x .35 = 326 kW/turbine
- Final Power of the Last HUG Turbine
= ½ x 3.26 m² x (15.66 m/s*)³ x .35 = 1,258 kW/turbine
- Final Power of the 6 HUG Turbines (by averaging)
= (326 + 1,258)/2 x 6 turbines = 4.75 MW
1.25 MW/HUG Turbine
RING of FIRE The Ring of Fire Potential will come down to one factor, which will make or break any prospects: Hydro Electricity. Enter the HUG!
LABRADOR ENERGY POTENTIAL Any new technology leads to new growth opportunities: HUG is a Patented Energy System that will literally change the face of our world as we know it.
GREEN HYDRO POWER STATIONS The installation of most of very low head sites is technically feasible, but civil works give rise to high costs, resulting to economically enviable projects. To solve this problem, one must design a new machine using a completely different philosophy to equip such sites. The study of current turbines reveals that they were all invented on the basis of a poor understanding of hydrodynamics, and a consequent false premise.
MOBILE HUG: The HUG development is an exciting breakthrough in green energy. Small batches of HUG turbines can be installed with only a short period of 12 to 18 months between investment in the technology and the time when revenue starts to flow: it is modular, relatively easy to install and highly scalable.
PRE-FABRICATED HUG Standardized pre-fabricated modules should make it possible to order this new product as a “power plant kit” just like ordering from a catalog. The HUG power plant uses standardized parts, so no custom engineering is necessary. A one-size-fits-all pathway could be ordered.
Why is the HUG Frictionless? When we direct the water to flow at its natural mode, it hugs the inner wall. This kind of vortex motion tends to accelerate and contract the stream of water. The less collisions improves the flow, i.e. the better ordered and more dense the flow will be. The net result is that the velocity of the flow in the HUG is four to five times faster than the river velocity.
HUG WATER TRANSFER A spiraling pipeline allows the transfer of water to travel two to three times faster, abet longer distances, because of the physics of the vortex: water prefers to travel in a whirlpool fashion rather than a turbulent straight line.
AFRICAN WATER TRANSFERS PROTECTED HUG is a patented water transfer system that will literally change the face of our world as we know it.
GREAT LAKES REVIVAL PROTECTED There was a time when the thought of transporting oil across the ocean seemed silly, too.
NEW FRESH WATER FOR MID WEST PROTECTED The James Bay Water Basin is one of the only basin in North America with water to spare. Without this new source of fresh water, there will be no more cheap water available.
HELPING SOLVE THE WORLD’S CARBON POLLUTION
New Trees are the only solution to soaking up Carbon Dioxide:
Our Mission: to help solve the problem of carbon dioxide build up in the world by growing and managing mature forests of foliage, fruit and nut trees that eventually are used in lumber — not firewood. The Carbon Tax Fund supports a Micro finance initiative to support women farmers and their families who will nurture these trees over their lifetime. The Net Present Value of each tree is $1.49 including maintenance for 25 years.
SOME IMPORTANT LINKS
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- God’s Loveletters: Godloveletters.com
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Microfinance for women: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Deliverance Is: DeliveranceIs.com